Wednesday, January 29, 2014

iPad app I use teach game design GamePress



gamepress 

I love to use this app it teaches kids how to visual design a video game and teaches about computer coding in a really good hands on learning tutorial. Why I use gamepress or another video game like minecraft etc. in the art room. This is why for my middle school students they love his lesson and the learn so much about modern art and then we go back in history and look at art from another perspective at how new those painting are and relevant for that time period. I use the MOMA question is video games art? Exhibit 

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51196/how-and-why-moma-acquired-video-games
Watch this video to learn more about the how and why.

Watch this video that goes through creating a game on he tutorial setting. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUNhviJLr8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOZUNhviJLr8


During the modern art lesson I have student work through the tutorial and create a game. Screen shot a few pieces then create a write up and artist statement about this piece just like in the MOMA one. 

No comments: